Since early January 2013 Canadians with epilepsy have been having difficulty filling their prescriptions for clobazam.
Epilepsy Ontario e-News has been tracking the problem and offering advice.
- Medication Alert: Some forms of clobazam are on back-order (January 4, 2013)
- Unable to get clobazam? Work with your doctor, pharmacist (January 11, 2013)
- National action plan could curb impact of drug shortages (January 18, 2013)
- Alternative drug therapy, close physician contact recommended during clobazam shortage (January 25, 2013)
- Client-pharmacist relationship crucial for those with complex disorders during clobazam shortage (February 1, 2013)
Sarah Begin – has also written about her experience with this shortage on her blog:
My Own Personal Experience With Canadian Drug Shortages – January 14, 2013